What does this Policy cover?
This policy, sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you. It explains the following:
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data for
- When, why and with whom we will share your personal data
- The legal basis we have for using your personal data
- The rights you have in relation to the data we hold on you
- How we may contact you and how you can contact us
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect information necessary to be able to find you suitable career opportunities.
The information we request from you may include CV’s, identification documents, educational records, work history, employment and personal references.
If you are shortlisted as a candidate we may also request further personal data including sensitive information such as health information.
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you
- From an agent or third party acting on your behalf (e.g. another recruitment firm or interim management company).
- Through publicly available sources. (e.g LinkedIn, Google – Search Engines)
- By Reference or word of mouth (e.g recommendations from friends, former employers or colleagues)
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to match your skills, experience and education with a potential employer.
We will initially collect basic information such as your contact details, CV and identification documents (to confirm you have the right to work in the UK). This information is then stored securely onto our database. You information is not passed to any third party without your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We retain your information on our secure database to comply with our legal obligations. This may include retaining your information after you cease to use our services in order to meet our legal, tax and accounting purposes. However you are entitled to request the deletion or removal of your information at any time.
Who do we share your personal data with?
With your permission, we may share your personal data with our clients and our partner recruitment firms with whom we do business. With your permission we may also conduct checks on you to verify the information you have provided and where we do this we share your information with credit reference agencies or perform CRB checks as requested by our clients.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
For prospective candidates, interim managers, referees and clients, our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in that we need the information in order to be able to assess suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
We ensure that any processing carried out is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request?
If you do not provide the personal data necessary (or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data) we may not be able to match you with available job opportunities.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated profiling
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
You have the following rights:
- To be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information
- To obtain access to your information
- To have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the deletion or removal of your information
- To block or suppress further use of your information. We can still store your information, but may not use it further.
- To lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data.
How do we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another, please let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, please contact
Jane McKechnie email@example.com 07711 514636